03 October, 2014

The Bali Wedding

Saturday, September 20, 2014.

That day, my brother finally tied the knot with his girlfriend of almost six years at a little chapel in AYANA Resort and Spa, Jimbaran, Bali.


Dressed in pretty matching dresses with beautiful make up and hair do, my sisters and I, as the girls of the family, decided to use this opportunity for a photo session. Click click!






Many people have always said that I look like an antagonist while my sister looks like a protagonist. I have always wanted to take this kind of picture, just like the poster of typical Korean dramas, where I stared at her back looking like the evil girl full of envy and jealousy. Haha! Convincing much?




Finally a picture with the groom himself. The Gunawans children.



And now with the bride herself, welcoming the new addition to our family.

The holy matrimony was held in the beautiful Tresna wedding chapel in AYANA, which directly faced the Indian ocean.







Holy matrimonies have always teared me up, especially when listening to their wedding vows and the part where they expressed their gratitudes to the parents.

Note: Always bring a pocketful of tissue at this time if you don't want to end up sniffing your snot with bleached make up like me.

And by that, they're officially Mr. and Mrs. Gunawan! Congratulations!

The full team. Now you can see I'm the only one left now with no husband and no family of my own (yet). Pressures on!




This was my favorite part of a Bali wedding, where everyone let go of colorful balloons to the sky while the groom and bride flied off a pair of doves (just like the first picture above). Everyone looked so happy! Well, except for my one-year-old niece, who cried hysterically as she saw the balloons gone with the wind. So we spared one for her to stop her from crying, but it ended up being a prop for my mini photo shoot. 











After retouching my make up and changing my clothes and hairdo (both of which I disliked compared to my morning ones), we headed over to the garden, where we celebrated the wedding reception. We walked in the grand entrance accompanied by Coldplay's song 'A sky full of stars', which literally held its meaning at the time. There were photo booths, dance, games, fireworks, great music and lovely decorations. The night was indeed an unforgettable one.


And as the littlest sister in the family, I'd like to congratulate my brother and my sister once again for their marriage! Cheers to a happy life ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment