18 January, 2015

UNVEILED




























I don't even know how to begin this post… I'm kinda at a loss for words right now… (which is very unusual for me). Today I'd like to 'Unveil' to you the beautiful December 7th wedding of Kurniawan and Karina through my perspective; a love story celebrating the unity of two families, the colour pink and gold, and the pure romance you feel when you see the photos captured of genuine reactions. 

I may be biased towards this cute couple considering that the bride is my sister! Karina woke up on her wedding day as a Dhikayana, and became a Sardjono before the day was over. When you're watching your dad walk down the aisle with your big sister on his arm, the waterworks starts. And then daddy starts crying when he hands her over… and there were more tears… My eyes were still puffy from all the happy tears that were shed on their wedding day! It was perfect… from beginning to end and I have SO many amazing people to thank for all of their hard work. We had such a dream team of vendors, family and friends that had many different roles in turning my sister's dream wedding into reality. To Nigara, Emily, Tachella, Kim, Moey, Alfred, Truong, Martin, Albert, Andreas, and Yoga we can't thank you guys enough! That Sunday we drove away with full hearts, and a new member of our family. 

As I mentioned in my toast to the newlyweds, there are no exchanges or refunds and now it's time to make some babies!! I have always thought that our family was pretty awesome… but we stepped it up a notch when Kurni became a part of it. Thankyou for loving Karina the way you do. Kezia and I couldn't be happier for you guys!!!! 

Instead of just celebrating their wedding day through photos, I wanted to take the story-telling one step further and visually immerse you all in a world of pink and gold, literally, through this short video.


t



Photos by, Truong Nguyen, Kezia Dhikayana and Cappio Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment