30 December, 2014

Bali Bible


And we’re back to the island of gods!

After battling with final exams (and the very final one for my entire uni life!), we decided to head back to Bali for our short annual getaway, but this time with more crew! Our kind-of-last-minute holiday finally came to life on 9th December 2014, where 8 of us, coming from 3 different cities (Sydney, Jakarta and Medan) gathered together for a little fun in the sun! 

We resided at a beautiful villa in Ungasan area, where we spent our nights playing Marco Polo in the pool, and stuffed ourselves with a huge mountain of childhood snacks in the room till late every night. Just the thought of it makes me miss Bali already! As you might already guess by now, our itinerary, obviously, consists of moving from one cafe to another, and from one pool to another (my favourite!).

My favourite corner in our villa! The cabana, complete with its pretty white curtains, is perfect for some morning soak in the sun and a little chit chat in the evening with drinks and cards in both hands. The perfect holiday situation I have pictured in my mind!








First place in our to-go-list: Potato Head Beach Club! With its palm trees, green grass, coconut water, yummy cocktails, blue infinity pool, and beautiful sunset, what's not to love?

And what's Bali without some water sports in the sea...



...and some resort-hopping on the island?





This restaurant in Alila Villas Uluwatu called The Warung is definitely worth the try! And don't forget to try its signature sambal congklak with 12 different types of chilli and 2 types of crackers, served on an Indonesian traditional board game called congklak! So yummy! 

Finally, our favourite bar in town: Rock Bar!





This trip really wouldn’t have been fun without these guys, who never fail to enlighten my days and make me laugh with their silly jokes. 4 days 3 nights with them are definitely not enough! I can’t wait for our next vacation and I’m looking forward to the new year, where hopefully we can build more memories  together. 

Last but not least, I would like to wish all of our readers a happy holiday filled with much love and happiness! We can't thank you enough for your kind support for the launch of Kaleidoscope during 2014. We hope that 2015 would bring us closer to each other and allow us to have more adventures together!

Merry Christmas and Happy New YearSee you next year!

Warmest Regards,


Kaleidoscope.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica,
    I read this blog page by page and I'm in love with this blog
    You guys did a very great job, I simply love this blog
    I'm just wondering what type of camera you guys use to take the picture?
    cause it looked so clear and high quality. Do you mind telling me?
    Thanks Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I use Fujifilm XA-1 :) And thank you for your kind words! Means a lot to us!

      Delete