04 October, 2014

Cave Women



Come away with me to the mountains. 

Living in New South Wales, the most often road trip destination I go to is the Blue Mountains. I still find myself in awe at the natural wonders of the world, and how insignificantly small I am compared to the great universe. How amazingly blessed I am to witness God's amazing work! 

Photo session at The Three Sisters went longer than planned, losing time to lunch at Katoomba - given that we still had an hour drive to the Jenolan Caves. 

We somehow survived climbing around 2000 steps of stairs (some vertical stairs) on an empty stomach, which wouldn't stop rumbling on our way back to the city. We somehow didn't notice our hunger in the first hour due to the beautiful scenery and lights in the cave. As I'm writing up this blog post,  I just had a fleeting moment of thought of how easily pleased us humans are - throw some lighting effects our way and we'll be snapping away like we've never seen light before!Despite our hunger and weariness, and being tired of listening to the history of rocks after a few minutes, this was a moment to remember. The amazing thing about these caves is its natural formation, which makes them more bearable to look at. In a world full of man made technologies and inventions, it's a nice change of scene to see the natural wonders of the world!In case you were wondering, we booked the River Cave tour. There's a scheduled tour for each cave, so check the times before you head up there to avoid disappointments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment