26 January, 2015

The Escapade: Gold Coast


Happy screams. Happy thoughts. Happy days.


As a congratulatory (and a farewell) gift to myself, me and three of my friends went to Gold Coast just before I left Australia. I have never really gone to another state or city in Australia, so being a first timer, I found everything fascinating! And really, who goes to Gold Coast without going to their famous theme parks? We started off the day with a pretty laid-back destination for a warm-up. Didn’t want to shock our heart rates right away with all the adrenaline rush just after getting on the earliest flight without some proper sleep the night before! So we headed down to Sea World, which surprisingly has some fun rides too. We didn’t really expect them to have any attraction other than aquariums and such, but it turned out that they do have some roller coasters and stuffs, and they're pretty fun too. They just opened this new ride called Storm Coaster, where we started off with a boat but ended up on a roller coaster with splashes toward the rapid water. The place was pretty empty because it was on a Thursday, so much different with the next days when we visited the other places on the weekend. So it’s highly suggested for you to go on weekdays if you feel like avoiding all the long lines (especially on school holidays!)







After charging ourselves up with some energy, we hit Movie World on the second day, where it’s way more packed yet more fun too! My favourites were Superman EscapeGreen Lantern Coaster, and Batwing SpaceshotSo. Much. Fun!








We spent the next day at Surfers Paradise, chilling in between skyscrapers and the beach with a touch of warm water and salty air before getting wet at Wet’n'Wild. We went back to Surfers Paradise for Hakataya Ramen right after, which was by far the most decent food we ever got to come across during this trip (most of them were just fast foods, especially in the parks).






 

Dreamworld was our last destination before going back on the evening. We were a little bit on a rush due to the flight schedule, and the long lines were not such of a help either. Obviously that left us with a lot of unridden rides. Knowing that we didn’t have much time, we made sure that the first thing on our to-do-list is trying their famous Big 9 Thrill Rides before anything else. The lines were the worst there, took us about 30 to 45 minutes each, or maybe more. BuzzSaw was clearly the scariest ride I’ve ever been on. With my teeny tiny body, I really thought I was going to fall because I thought I didn't fit well enough (lol!) Its single waist harness had too little to cling on to, and that was enough to make me scream with all my might, as if I was about to get murdered or something. Some people on the ride were even laughing at me up there hearing my hysterical uproar. Haha! My other favourite was The Giant Drop, which is basically similar with the Batwing Spaceshot in Movie World, but this one is way higher (and more fun too!) with a height of 119 meters. That moment when we were left hanging up in the sky without knowing when to fall was the best part!

BuzzSaw





We only got to spend 4 days and 3 nights at Gold Coast, but it was such a memorable trip for me, the one full of laughters and a lot of happy screams. Truly an experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment