30 October, 2014

Brie in a Blanket


























If you know me at all by now, you'd know I'm a fool for anything cheese. 

I haven't always loved cheese, in fact I'm not the biggest fan of dairy products. I'll always be trying to avoid it as much as I can. My love for cheese started couple of years ago in Finland and Paris, where they would serve us abundant cheese and croissants for breakfast. It was then I found my heaven.  

I promise you that you will NEVER taste croissant as good as the ones in Paris. It's so fluffy and buttery... okay, I'm drooling now. 

Back to the recipe, it combines two of my favourite foods of all time - pastry and brie cheese. I've tried this recipe with both brie and camembert, they're both as good, but I find that the camembert melts more gooey than brie cheese. 



In time of desperate hunger, or mere boredom, this is my go to recipe because I normally have all the ingredients stocked at any time, not to mention this is the easiest recipe ever! It only has 3 main ingredients: 

  • puff pastry
  • strawberry / apricot jam
  • camembert / brie cheese
You can choose whatever fruits or crackers that you'd like to dip in molten lava OF CHEESE! 



First things first. Preheat your oven to 180 degree celcius, and take your pastry out of the freezer. 

If the pastry just got out of the freezer, you'll need to be patient and wait until it gets softer and able to be folded. 

Start from the centre and spread a generous amount of jam evenly, this will give the sweet after taste. The best way to do it is actually spread to spread the jam a little bit larger than the cheese, and some at the top of the cheese. 

Wrap the pastry around the roll of cheese, pinching the edges together so no jam or cheese ooze out in the oven (treat them like treasure). 

Last step is to pop them into the oven and bake until they are flaky and golden brown! (normally around 30-40 minutes)

My favourite way to serve it is with crackers, grapes and apples. Gotta learn to balance the calories.







To be honest, it doesn't look very appealing in this picture, but please give me the benefit of the doubt and just make one. You won't regret it! (If you're a cheese addict like yours truly). 

No comments:

Post a Comment