10 October, 2014

Lunch Is Served

Mexicana feast out of the blue.

I've kept on talking of how I wanted to cook a proper meal, and decorate them somewhat pretty to show off my limited cooking skills. Oh yeah, you read that right. I do cook more than Mi Goreng and boiled water. 

Decided to not be all talk and no action, I kept my promise, and served the girls beer battered tacos with home made salsa (recipe from The Londoner) and grilled prawns on the side. 


Salsa ingredient:
Jalapenos
Coriander
Cherry tomatoes
Onion


Mine was a bit chunky, because I already had mix the ingredients together, which made it harder to chop it finer. Tip (although it's so obvious, it's not really a tip) is to finely chop all the ingredients separately then mix it altogether. 

For the fish and pineapple fritters:
Fish fillets
Canned pineapple rings
Instant batter mix
A bottle of beer
Pepper
Oil for deep frying 

It's as simple as abc. 

Just mix the batter mix with beer adding however much pepper gives you happiness. Cut the fish into strips around 5cm in width, dip the sliced fish and pineapple into the batter, and drop them down in hot oil. Normal frying rule apply: fry until golden brown and drain off with paper towel.

Grilled prawn ingredients:
Prawns, peeled & deveined
Lime rind 
Lime juice
Red chilli 
Garlic
Coriander
Salt & pepper

Mix all the ingredient together, add in extra bits and pieces to your preferred taste. Let it marinade for 30 minutes in the fridge, then pop them onto a hot grill.

Voila! Told ya didn't I?


























I wasn't sure if it was the girls being too hungry or if they were telling the truth, but they all said it was delicious. You'll have to take their words for it. 

I'm sorry that this post is a bit light on the photos - we kind of... ate... the food before we could take more follow up shots, I served lunch at 2PM!! There was hardly any time to take photos of the process, as I was in such a hurry to get the food done, so you'll just have to be pleased with the end photos (which looks so much better than the preparation).

Have a go at it, it's very simple and easy (and quick if you're prepared before-hand), and your guests will have nothing but praises to sing to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment