06 July, 2014

The Old Library, Cronulla

Two of my favourite things in one place - library and food. Can I be any happier? 



(Calamari fritti & gremolata)
(Truffle & parmesan arancini)



(Spanner crab spaghetti)

(Beef sirloin, cauliflower, wilted spinach, with red wine jus) 

(Braised beef cannelloni, rocket & peas)




(Chocolate budino, poached rhubarb, sour cream gelato; Gelati e sorbetti misti)

When I called in to make a reservation, my call got picked up by a VERY happy and excited man. He made it seem like this restaurant was Disneyland or something! To my delight, we were able to put a face to the voice, and he was just as chappy as he was on the phone. Super attentive to all the guest and even took the initiative to offer to take a picture of us! Always a yes when it comes to girls.

There was a lunch express special, which offers a two course meal, so we decided to choose two appetisers, four mains, and two desserts. The meal that blew me away turned out to be the most simple on - the gelato & sorbet! The million of flavours hit us all in one spoonful, and we simply could not get enough! The pineapple sorbet is something I'd be craving for very often now! 

Have you checked out the interior of the building! Have you?! You must! Loved how everything comes together with the white, and how it really feels like a country house. Even the sinks in the bathroom awed me! If you're not up for a meal, at least have coffee here just to marvel at the perfection of their indoor glass house! You can see how excited I am about this place by the number of exclamation marks I have used! 

No comments:

Post a Comment